Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
2 Peter 2:15
A Spiritual Growth Plan is just a tool that we can use to help us grow in our relationship with the Lord. It focuses on three main areas: going deeper with God, deeper with other Christians and those outside of the church.
Spiritual Growth Plan for 2013
Going deeper with the Lord:
- Read more Christian books
- Set aside dedicated prayer and devotion time
- Memorize scripture
- Write in my journal more and post more on this blog
- Put more trust in Jesus for my marriage and family
- Find a spiritual mentor to help with this plan
Going deeper with other Christians:
- Find a small group and get involved
- Attend more classes at church
- Find areas of service in the church
- Establish a weekly family devotion night
- Be active and participate regularly with #bodylife
- Become a spiritual mentor within this year
Going deeper with those outside the church:
- Find areas of service in the community
- Share my faith with people at work
- Share my faith with my neighbors
- Blog more and make blog website more complete
- Write about my life and where God has me at the moment – share with everyone.
With this plan to wish to give total devotion to God no matter what my situation – regardless of my needs, I wish to give it all to God. I desire to surrender to His will and not mine.
This last year has brought me hope and a more solid relationship with God. It was a year to heal. 2013 is a year to grow.
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.